Subscription Management & Billing for IaaS / PaaS Service Providers
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) refers to computing infrastructure comprising of networking, hardware, virtualized operating systems and software servers offered as a service which is a new consumption model for the use of IT resources. Companies’ reasons for choosing an IaaS environment differ. Cost is often the primary reason. For Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) IaaS helps the company move away from the capital requirement to an operational expense that tracks with the growth of the business. Even among large enterprises, infrastructure costs are a driving force for considering IaaS.
Technically Service Oriented Architecture is a paradigm for organizing and utilizing distributed capabilities that may be under the control of different ownership domains. Users always want transparency of consumption and billings. IaaS’ other key benefits include improved cash flow, accommodation of widely inaccurate provision planning, and exceptional transparency in utilization and costs.
As Cloud services and infrastructure scale up, billing management complexity increases and efficient billing management techniques are required. There occurs large variability in the cost of various infrastructures provided by different IaaS providers and hence it is very important that a robust and dynamic solution to adapt to the dynamic requirements is available. Traditional billing systems are not able to meet the requirements of Cloud providers. The basic idea, around which a traditional billing system is built, is the reason they are not able to cope up with the highly dynamic IaaS / cloud industry requirements.
SURE! IaaS is an end-to-end customer and partner care (consumer and other parties involved in giving the service) module along with billing system designed to handle customer management, charging and billing aspects associated with the dynamic needs of the IaaS/Cloud industry. Key features include
- Full-featured business rule-driven solution that includes end to end management and maintenance of the customers as well as making sure that best services are offered so as to retain the customers and deliver delight
- End to end partner management modules which makes sure that other stake holders as part of service delivery are properly managed and serviced
- Support for multiple level of hierarchies within the corporates
- Support for flexible Product Catalogue where multiple products and services can be defined, rates can be captured and can be rolled out immediately
- High-performance and scalable billing engine that can generate invoices to multiple corporates
- GUI-driven configuration and rule-based data processing that enables service providers to adapt business processes to changing local market rules, regulatory requirements
- SOA based technology platform that allows easy integration into an existing system landscape
- Solution proven with respect to high availability and scalability