Machine-to-Machine (M2M) is becoming an increasingly important feature in the telecoms and IT landscape and represents a strong growth market across various other industry segments. In simple terms, M2M means connecting remote sensing, monitoring and actuating devices. However, it specifically concerns enabling new business models and processes through the application of connectivity.
Cloud M2M is one of the fastest growing segments of IT industry today. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.8% from 2012 to 2017. In terms of revenue, M2M is expected to grow from US$ 200 million in 2011 to US$ 1.2 trillion in 2022, at a CAGR of 18%, clearly making it the next growth opportunity for MNO’s, provided you newer business process to address the decreasing ARPUs. Utilities is the fastest growing sector, which will account for 67% of overall M2M device connections by 2013.
Asia Pacific and North America are estimated to contribute $92.8 billion and $56.3 billion, respectively, by 2017. These regions are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 33.2% and 28.3%, respectively, from 2012 to 2017.
However, this is an industry that’s grappling with challenges like decreasing ARPU and a requirement for vertically focused solutions. The shifting business mix and market focus and availability of M2M-enabled communications infrastructure make it an area with shifting goalposts. To sustain and grow, you would also possess the required device technology developments
SURE!, a Magnaquest product, through its OSS/BSS platform addresses the challenges of the M2M industry and becomes your partner in growth
The SURE! OSS/BSS platform for M2M provides
- Viable value-added services that last for long deployment periods at a very low cost of operating.
- Cloud based hosted solutions offer borderless communications and a successful business model for you.
- Billing (broadband billing) and Invoicing is Time and Transaction based, and supports multi currency taxation.
- Handles the Complexity of Reseller Settlement with ease
- Enables Real-Time Decision-making with Analytics and Reporting modules
- Low cost platform for high volume, low value transactions
- Supports flexible pricing for retail and wholesale models
- End-to-end support for consume-to-cash process